A standard battery pack is the key component for any portable device, since it effects the run-time and performance dramatically. We offer standardized battery packs in different housing shapes, with worldwide approvals, a variety of redundant safety features as well as a communication interface for your application. Thus, our standard smart batteries are suitable as a power source for all kinds of portable and mobile device in demanding markets, like medical, military, instrumentation, robotic and drones.
Our standard batteries are available off-the-shelf, without any development costs. This leads to reduced development efforts for mobile applications and enables much faster time-to-market.
Naturally, our standard battery packs fulfil all the market-relevant safety standards as well as the worldwide national approvals. These aspects combined with the off-the-shelf availability reduce the overall development costs and allow your new device to reach profitability much earlier.
We utilize lithium ion cells with the highest energy density, maximized discharge current and the utmost safety levels.
Different chemical compositions and varying configurations of battery cells result in different housing shapes and performance data for our standard batteries.
The product line POWERPAQ is based on cylindrical cells in form factor 18650 or 21700. It is designed to meet highest requirements in capacity and current delivery. The POWERPAQ line is equipped with an extensive safety system and smart Battery Management System (BMS). We have battery packs from single cell up to twelve cell configurations. All variations adhere to the 100Wh limitation so shipments do not need dangerous goods declaration.
Applications with higher energy needs or the need of more discharge current may use different POWERPAQ batteries in parallel.
Battery packs with prismatic cells are currently used in consumer market products (smartphones, tablets, etc.). RRC has developed the FLATPAQ portfolio, a new family of standard batteries with different combinations of prismatic cells. These battery packs are equipped with a multi-level safety circuitry and a smart Battery Management System (BMS). The extremely flat standard battery, approximately 8 mm thick, is ideal for any application that aims for a slim design. It is conceivable, to incorporate it behind a display or the PC board, which enables a tablet-like device design for medical or industrial applications.
Our 30 years of experience in design of power solutions, our high quality and reliability, as well as our knowledge of requirements in critical markets are incorporated into each of our products. Each customer will benefit from this. We continuously challenge ourselves to set even higher standards not only regarding the housing’s design, but also in terms of quality and performance by striving to exceed our competition’s products.
- Worldwide approvals and certification of safety standards
- No development costs, fast time-to-market
- Smart batteries with numerous features according to the SMBus specification
- Integrated LED State of Charge (SoC) indicator
- State-of-the-art lithium-ion cells with the market’s highest energy density
- High discharge performance
- JEITA charging profile optimization
- Numerous and redundant safety features, e.g.:
- CUV (Cell Under Voltage): protection against deep discharge
- COV (Cell Over Voltage): protection against over charge
- OTC (Over Temperature in Charge): Protection against overheating while charging
- OTD (Over Temperature in Discharge): Protection against overheating during discharging
- Increased ESD protection up to 8kV
- SHA-1 cryptosystem to prevent plagiarism